IslingtonTribune

The independent London newspaper

Food cooking overnight may have caused restaurant blaze

Fire Brigade believe there was an 'accidental ignition'

27 July, 2018 — By Pema Monaghan

FOUR fire engines and some 25 firefighters put out a fire in Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, on Sunday morning.

Fire crews were notified about the Wahaca restaurant blaze around 5.34am and the fire was out by 7.18am. London Fire Brigade said it was likely the fire was caused by the “accidental ignition” of food left cooking overnight.

A small part of the basement was damaged. The Wahaca chain was co-founded by 2005 Masterchef winner Thomasina Miers. The Charlotte Street location also contains a takeaway “market shop” and bar.

Categories

Share this story

Post a comment

,