Published on 16 February, 2017
Hours: Term Time plus 5 days
Required for September 2017
St. Aloysius’ College is an established and highly successful school in North Islington. We take pride in our friendly and inclusive school community with its commitment to supporting pupils and staff in achieving their full potential. We are seeking to appoint a bright, ambitious and enthusiastic Graduate Teaching Assistant, looking to gain valuable experience in a supportive well regarded school before embarking upon their PGCE within the foreseeable future.
We can offer:
• Friendly and generally well behaved children who deserve the best
• Supportive, hardworking Governors and colleagues who care passionately about our school and the local community
• Dedicated leadership time and future career development
We are looking for:
• An individual that is, a recent graduate who has obtained at least a 2:1 in Computer Science or Music, who seeks to gain as much experience as possible in the education sector before going on to gain QTS and become a Teacher.
• Who has high expectations of pupil achievement, attainment and behaviour
• Who is confident in their ability and has solid knowledge of the current curriculum so that they are able to ease the pressure from the subject Teacher.
• Who are able to plan, prepare and engage pupils while enabling them to learn, and equipping them with the necessary skills they require to achieve their full potential.
• Keeps pupils at the heart of Teaching and Learning.
In our Ofsted inspection in March 2012 we received an outstanding judgement in all four key areas and an overall outstanding assessment.
St. Aloysius’ College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information and an application pack please see our website http://www.sta.islington.sch.uk or contact Anita Hollis – HR and Exams Officer on 0207 561 7800. Ext: 215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms should be returned or emailed to Anita Hollis by 12noon on 31st March 2017.
St Aloysius’ College Highgate, N6 5LY
Headteacher: Mr. T. Mannion
Telephone: 0207 561 7800 Fax: 0207 263 5963
Voluntary Aided Roman Catholic Boys 11-18 Comprehensive School in Highgate, Islington.